Saturday, April 21, 2012

Starting the weekend off right!

This week, my goal is to move a little every day. I went for a walk this morning for half an hour by myself. I tossed the guilt aside that I wasn't cuddling with my kids on a Saturday morning and let them watch tv instead while I was out. It felt nice to so something for myself plus it is a gorgeous day! I came home, prepared them breakfast and a smoothie for myself and now we are watching Gnomeo and Juliet (again!). Cuddles achieved :) I think this afternoon, we will head to the park and enjoy some active time together.

I have had a bad week food wise, as it is so easy to go and join my coworkers for fast food after work. Food is such a social event for me. This week, along with the moving daily, I will try and go with them for walks and such, instead of food runs! I have given up my Starbucks mochas (which I always get with toffee nut syrup so it's 220+ calories) in favour of steamed soy milk. THEN i just realized while doing the research on their website that the steamed soy milk is about the same calories! SO, now my drink of choice will be steamed skim milk with sugar free syrup or the skinny drinks. I know it sounds like I am making this out to be a big deal, but Starbucks is a big part of our social ritual at school. I even have my gold card :) Maybe limiting this to twice a week will be good for my waistline and the wallet!

This weekend I am also working on the meal part of our plans as well. When Mike and I worked with a trainer at Fitness World, we were given menus and such to incorporate in our lives. A lot of things that are good choices, not just to lose weight, but to eat healthier. I guess it is time to dust that binder up and put it to good use. I have also tried a sample of a meal replacement shake. I am not sure how I feel about taking a shake at lunch time since again sitting in the staffroom at lunch is such a social ritual. The shake tasted really good though. I tossed in some frozen mangoes and skim milk with the powder. I have some friends who are on Body by Visalus and have sent me some information. If anyone is interested, you can visit my friend, Christine's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment