Sunday, April 1, 2012

What does no excuses mean?

My hubby and I have been watching Biggest Loser this season and their whole thing has been about "no excuses" and every week they have focused on one excuse that people have used to keep the weight they have or to gain more weight. It has been the truth about why people THINK they are not losing weight. Well, that's been me. I've 'tried' different diets and fads, pill, and even Herbal Magic and one thing remains... the weight. The biggest motivation to date was my wedding, almost seven years ago, and I lost almost 30 pounds to fit into my dream dress. The second biggest motivation was when my mom and I joined Herbal Magic last year for about six month and I lost almost 20 pounds. But every time I stopped being accountable to someone else, my trainer or my weigh in coach, I fell back into my old habits. Into my excuses. Well, now I am not letting these excuses get the best of me.

I look around and notice all the people who I love and those who love me and really I AM A LUCKY PERSON! Who would not want to be health and be around my wonderful husband and my two adoring children. It's time I took the time for myself and take the time to show them just how much I love them by taking care of myself...

I just joined sparkpeople.com to track my progress so April 1 2012 is not April Fool's any more, but the start for my motivation!

Smile for the day:
My two and half year old daughter and I were in the car and had this conversation:
ME: Who's my silly goose?
Maya: ME!
ME: Who's my silly girl?
Maya: ME!
ME: Who's my silly monkey?
Maya: Mama! I am your everything!

Boy is she ever right! They are my everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment