Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where does the week go???

So I have been trying to stock the house with healthier food, despite challenges during the hockey playoffs. However, with the way the hometeam is going, I may get rid of the "game day" foods much quicker than anticipated. I found this great granola cereal from Costco (Heritage brand) which makes the Greek yogurt much more palatable. I do enjoy this one brand I found in the States, Chobani, that has awesome flavours like mango, pineapple and passion fruit. We had guests for the last two games and my hubby has been bbq'ing smokies. I have opted for turkey dogs, but I did have one smokie on Friday. It was delish! I just tried to not think about how much sodium it has. Don't worry, the scale reminded me of that the following day as I retained a lot of water to make up for the sodium intake!

The second day that we had smokies, I made a chicken breast and nine-bean dish that I loved when I was on Herbal Magic. It is low in fat and really filling. Next time I think I will add spinach or carrots to add veggies. I also bought some mango-peach salsa from Costco and it is quite low in fat per serving. It is a great treat to have on baked potatoes as an alternative to the sour cream and bacon! I am hoping that the food changes and the trips to the gym (which have been spotty at best! BUT I am trying!) will start to show some difference.


On another note:
My kids continue to make me smile, despite the fact that they are CONSTANTLY on each other's nerves! They are three years apart at almost 3 and 6. The love-hate relationship is driving us mad! Any advice from parents out there? Much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment